Learning more about “how to” and “when to” use your electricity might end up saving you money!
Our Residential and Small Commercial Time of Day Optional Rate may be a scheduling change to consider!
To sign up or for more information about our Time of Day Optional Rate, contact Member Services at
Note: One-year minimum participation is required under this rate.
How to take advantage of our low Off-Peak rates.
- Install programmable thermostats to control heating system.
- Install a timer to control heat tape (gutters / roof).
- Install a timer to control electric water heater.
- Install an insulated blanket around water heater.
- Install low-flow shower heads.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with LED’s.
When to take advantage of our low Off-Peak rates.
- Heat your home or business during Off-Peak hours.
- Recharge your electric water heater during Off-Peak hours.
- Schedule duties such as baking, clothes washing, and drying during Off-Peak hours.
- Use an electric thermal storage system (ETS) for supplemental heat during Off-Peak hours.
4:00 – 9:00 P.M., 7 days a week.
6.0 ¢ off peak
24.0 ¢ on peak