SMALL CHANGE THAT CHANGES LIVES
A little change can make a big difference. By rounding up your energy bill to the nearest dollar, you can help support local families in need and the organizations that serve them. We match every cent you contribute to make your gift go even further. By joining Round-Up, the most you’ll ever donate in a year adds up to $11.88. That’s small change, but together, it adds up to make a big difference.
The Holy Cross Energy Round‐Up Foundation is a non‐profit fund, primarily generated by and benefiting customers of Holy Cross Energy. The funds are administered and distributed according to the directions of a volunteer board made up, in part, of Holy Cross consumers.
Family or individual applicants must generally be residents of Eagle, Garfield or Pitkin counties, and must have lived in the area for at least 90 days. Organizations for which applications are submitted must generally operate within the same counties as identified above.
Anyone with a specific funding need can make application to the Holy Cross Energy Round‐Up Foundation Board. There are two different applications – one for families or individuals, and a second for organizations. Forms are available below or by contacting Lindsey Williams at email@example.com or 970-947-5451.
In addition to filling out the form completely, here are items to consider when completing the application.
- Make a specific request, telling the board exactly how much money you are requesting, and carefully explain how you intend to use the funds. Any additional information you can supply in the form of a letter attached to the formal application is extremely helpful to the board in making decisions regarding these requests.
- If the funds are being requested to purchase a new item or for a repair, please include two or three estimates for the item or work. We require that at least one estimate be from a vendor or supplier within Eagle, Garfield and Pitkin counties if at all possible.
- List other sources of funding or assistance that are available to you; outline which sources you are pursuing, the amounts requested, and state any amounts already awarded.
- Applicants may be asked to come before the Board in person prior to final approval of their request for funding.
The Board reviews each application and tries to fund applications that will produce the greatest impact for the largest number of people. Family or individual applications must demonstrate that the monies received will assist in meeting their current needs as specifically identified in the application. Grants are normally funded to a maximum of $1,500.
Accountability for approved funding may be required.
- Individual applications may be considered for funding of ongoing, reoccurring, routine expenses such as those for rent, utility bills (i.e. gas, water, phone, electric, sewer, etc.), medical and dental on a case by case basis.
- No application will be considered for funding of organizational operational costs.
- Approved funding will generally be expected to be spent in the fiscal year in which it is requested.
The Foundation Board will generally meet monthly to review pending applications. The application deadline is the last day of the month prior to the application being reviewed. We will contact you either in writing, by telephone or by e-mail when any decision is made regarding your request. We ask that any inquiries be sent in writing. If you need assistance in completing the application, or have any other questions about the application process, please call Lindsey Williams at 970-947-5451.
Individuals, families and local service organizations can apply to receive Round-Up foundation money. Fill out the appropriate form or give us a call to get started.