Specific changes include the following:
- Changes to the manual meter read billing rate(s):
- Increase in the manual meter read fee to $10 monthly, and the member option for a quarterly read to $3.33/month
- Addition of a trial period for the TOU rate(s), both Residential and General Service:
- To allow our members a one-time trial for the TOU rate. Trial period is for up to 3 billing cycles or approximately 90 days. Once the trial period elapses a 12-month rate commitment would be enforced.
- Modifications to the Peak Time Rebate (PTR):
- PTR tariff was originally approved as a limited trial for large consumers. The proposed changes open the program to be available to all members at the expiration of the trial period.
- New Tariff: Dynamic Renewable Pricing (DRP)
- This new offering is a trial tariff thru December 31, 2020, for a limited number (20) of large members (50kW).
- The design of the tariff is to provide pricing signals for members to increase consumption during a given period to help the utility manage surplus energy production from renewable supply. The period would be noticed similarly to the PTR alert.
- Any increased consumption above baseline use during the notice period would be billed at a reduced rate.
Anyone who desires to comment or protest the proposed changes shall file a written complaint with Holy Cross Energy at P.O. Box 2150, Glenwood Springs, Colorado 81602 at least 10 days before the proposed effective date.