Welcome to Holy Cross Energy
We’re so excited to welcome you as a new member of Holy Cross Energy. Holy Cross is a member-owned, not-for-profit, electric cooperative. Cooperatives, or co-ops, exist to serve its members, but what makes Co-ops unique is that the members are also the owners. So, in addition to getting the electricity you need, you also have a voice in the business decisions our cooperative makes.
A Little Bit About Us
In 1939 a strong and independent group of farmers and ranchers in the Roaring Fork and Eagle valleys wanted to bring electric service to our rural area for the first time. In doing so, Holy Cross Energy was born as a not-for-profit, member-owned electric cooperative with a $119,000 loan from the federal government to serve 175 families. Today, our membered owned electric cooperative serves over 55,000 members, providing electricity and energy products in the Western Colorado counties of Eagle, Pitkin and Garfield. As conscientious stewards of our natural resources, we have developed longstanding programs – often ahead of popular demand – addressing efficiency, conservation and renewable energy.
We're a Co-op and That's What Makes Us Special
We are committed to providing our members safe, reliable, sustainable energy at a reasonable cost. When you sign up to receive electric service from us, you become a member of our cooperative. Unlike other businesses that return profits to investors and stockholders, we share any excess revenue or profits in the form of member equity with our members.
These Member-Owners also vote for and sit on the Board of Directors of the business. Co-ops exist to meet the needs of their Member-Owners, and are truly community-owned. The Member-Owners of a co-op could be its consumers, workers, producers (e.g. farmers), or a combination of two or three of these groups.
Please don't be shy, reach out!
The cooperative business philosophy gives all members the opportunity to take an active role in the business and we want your input and your involvement.
|Glenwood Springs Headquarters Office||Avon Office||Gypsum Office|
|3799 Highway 82
PO Box 2150
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601-2150
|41284 Highway 6&24
PO Box 972
Avon, CO 81620-0972
|0132 Buckhorn Valley Blvd
(no mail delivery)
Business hours are:
- Monday through Thursday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Fridays, 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- Closed on weekends
- The Gypsum office is closed daily for lunch from 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM
IF YOU SEE OR EXPERIENCE AN ELECTRICAL EMERGENCY OR HAZARD, CALL 911 BEFORE YOU CALL US.
Here’s what to do if you experience a power outage.
Before reporting a power outage, please check your circuit breakers or fuses. The loss of power could be a tripped breaker or a blown fuse. Your circuit breakers or fuses are housed in a panel box which could be located inside or outside your house. So, grab your flashlight and be on the lookout for creepy crawlies.
A tripped breaker can be reset by flipping it all the way off and then flipping it back on. Blown fuses will need to be replaced by a new fuse with the same amp rating. We continuously monitor all of our meters to make sure they have power running through them, so in most cases our dispatch team will know about an outage as soon as you do.
You can make sure that we are aware of an outage by going to outages page on your smart phone and clicking on the Outage Map tab or by downloading our Smarthub app and accessing our outage map there. If you do not see your outage on our map, please call 970.945.5491 or 970.949.5892 to report it. Calls are answered 24/7/365.
Please tell us if you have life sustaining medical equipment in your home.
Because HCE cannot guarantee completely uninterrupted service, we recommend that anyone with life sustaining medical equipment develop a contingency plan to protect themselves in the event of a power outage. Contingency plans could include installing a back-up power supply such as a battery or generator or moving to another location that has electric service. Please call us to identify your equipment’s location or to discuss your contingency plan options.
Get the Most Out of our Relationship
Use our awesome app, Smarthub.
- Go paperless
- Make payments
- Access payment history
- Print statements
- Enroll for automatic payments
- View daily, monthly, and average energy use
- Manage email and SMS text notifications, here
Let us help.
Our member services department is here to serve you. Call us at 970.945.5491 and they can:
- Change your contact information if it should change
- Set up Budget Billing to even out your monthly electric bills between winter and summer
- Move to Prepay Billing so you can pay how much you want, when you want
- Set up an In-Care-Of mailing address to send your electric bill to another party for payment
- Designate a third party to receive a copy of a final notice
- Set up an Automatic Service Transfer Agreement so that service is automatically transferred into your name if you are a landlord and a tenant moves out
- Find answers to any questions you might have (about your service, sorry we’re not ready to tackle world peace)
Yep, we really do want to help you reduce your energy usage and save you money.
Check out our Green Programs and get great energy saving tips and learn about our rebate program for projects that result in energy savings. Some examples of rebates we’ve offered in the past are:
- Evaporative (Swamp) Coolers
- Insulation and Windows
- LED light bulbs
Ask our Energy Efficiency Experts to do the work for you.
Call them at 970.947.5473.
- Schedule a FREE energy audit of your home or business
- Get details on what the best rebates for you might be
- Learn how to get credit for any extra power generated by your PV system
Want to be green, but not ready for solar on your property? No problem!
With HCE’s renewable energy programs you can offset your energy usage with wind, solar, or hydro power. Call them at 970.947.5421 to discuss your options.
- Wind power offsets from a wind farm near Limon in eastern Colorado for $1.25/100 kWh
- Local micro-hydro power for $1.75/100 kWh from places like Fanny Hill, Shoshone, and Woody Creek
Round-up and use your change to make change.
Have your monthly electric bill “rounded up” to the next whole dollar each month to support making positive change within our community through our Round-Up Program. Call Member Services at 970.945-5491 or go to our Round-Up program page to join.
- HCE matches all donations that our members and employees contribute
- Round-Up funds are used to provide assistance to local organizations, individuals and families-in-crisis
- Since its inception in 2010, the Round-Up Foundation has distributed over $180,000