ENGLISH | SPANISH
Member bill payment assistance program
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many HCE Members have had their work hours cut, lost their jobs, closed their businesses, or are not working in order to take care of loved ones. Some HCE Members are therefore unable to pay their utility bills in full and are in risk of financial jeopardy.
To help our members through this difficult time, the HCE Board of Directors has allocated $500,000 in Unclaimed Capital Credit funds toward Member bill payment assistance. Through June 30, 2021, all members in need will be eligible for up to $1000 worth of assistance in bill credits if they are undergoing hardship as a result of COVID-19 or its consequences. HCE small commercial business members are eligible for up to $2,000.
How it works
- Please call our offices at 970-947-5491 for more information or fill out our request form below.
- Residential members are eligible for up to $1000 in bill credits ($500 for electric/gas, $1000 for all-electric).
- Small commercial business members are eligible for up to $2,000 in bill credits.
- Bill credits will be available to our Members through June 30, 2021, or until the funds are depleted.
- We cannot allow Members to use these bill credits to credit their accounts now to pay current or future bills.
Self-certification of pandemic hardship
This form is a written statement documenting your hardship as a result of COVID-19 or our community’s response to the threat of the virus. To complete this statement, you must be the HCE member of record, meaning your name is on the HCE bill each month.
Please give us your contact information below, along with your HCE Account Number. Mark the type of hardship you are experiencing and sign the statement to certify that the information is complete and accurate, and that source documentation will be provided upon request.