ENGLISH | SPANISH
We are here for you.
Member bill payment assistance program
Due to the “Stay at Home” orders issued by State and local governments in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many HCE Members have had their work hours cut, lost their jobs, closed their businesses, or are not working in order to take care of loved ones. Some HCE Members are therefore unable to pay their utility bills in full and are in risk of financial jeopardy even after the “Stay at Home” orders are lifted.
To help our members through this difficult time, the HCE Board of Directors has allocated $500,000 in Unclaimed Capital Credit funds toward Member bill payment assistance. Starting May 1, all Members in need will be eligible for up to $250 in bill credits between now and the end of the year if they are undergoing hardship as a result of COVID-19 or its consequences.
To allow us to help as many Members as possible, we ask that you first apply for the Colorado Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) funds and that you call the Salvation Army in the Eagle Valley at (970) 748-0704 or Catholic Charities in the Roaring Fork and Colorado River Valleys at (970) 384-2060 for assistance and then reach out to us if you are still in need.
How it works
- If you have an HCE bill dated March 12th or later that you cannot pay in full, please call our offices at 970-947-5491 for more information or fill out our request form below.
- If you have an all-electric home or office, you can receive up to $100 toward their bill for two months and up to $50 for a third month.
- If you do not have an all-electric space, you can receive up to $50 toward your bill each month for five months.
- You will need to contact us each month to ask for a credit to be applied to your bill, up to the $250 limit for all Members.
- Bill credits will be available to our Members through December 31, 2020, or until the funds are depleted.
- We cannot allow Members to use these bill credits to credit their accounts now to pay current or future bills.
Self-certification of pandemic hardship
This form is a written statement documenting your hardship as a result of COVID-19 or our community’s response to the threat of the virus. To complete this statement, you must be the HCE member of record, meaning your name is on the HCE bill each month.
Please give us your contact information below, along with your HCE Account Number. Mark the type of hardship you are experiencing and sign the statement to certify that the information is complete and accurate, and that source documentation will be provided upon request.