Holy Cross Energy Announces New Board Member Representing Western District
Glenwood Springs, CO, June 9, 2017. Holy Cross Energy (HCE), an electric company cooperatively owned by its members, held its first contested Board of Directors election in 5 years on June 8. Six individuals posted nominations with Holy Cross Energy.
Five petitions were received for the Western District Director position: David Hornbacher, Clemons M. Kopf, Tom Edward VonDette, Jared W. Kerst and Adam L. Wibby. Ballots for this election were mailed on May 18, 2017 to 42,300 current members. All HCE members are asked to vote for their candidate of choice to represent the Western District.
Clemons M. Kopf of Glenwood Springs won yesterday's election. Mr. Kopf is an electrical engineer and 47-year resident of Garfield County. He holds a bachelor of science in electrical engineering and served in the U.S. Army. Mr. Kopf was actually the chief engineer of Holy Cross Energy (1970-1975) and a consulting electrical engineer for the Alpine events site for three Winter Olympic Games (1988, 2002, and 2010). He is also a lifelong member of the Sierra Club, Environmental Defense Fund, and the Crystal River Valley Environmental Protection Association.
Mr. Kopf's public service has been as the Chairman of the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission for 11 years, a member of the Garfield County Board of Review, the Glenwood Springs Fire Department, and the Glenwood Spring High School Basketball Referees Association.
One petition was received for the Northern District Director position from incumbent Director Megan M. Gilman. In recognition of no challengers, Ms. Gilman was reelected for another three-year term by acclamation.
The business and affairs of HCE are directed by board of directors. The board consists of seven directors, who are elected to represent three geographic districts: Western District with one director, Northern District with four directors and Southern District with two directors.
Holy Cross Energy is proud to announce its 2017/2018 Board of Directors:
- Kristen Bertuglia, Board Member since 2012, representing the Northern District
- Robert Gardner, Board Member since 2012, representing the Southern District
- Megan Gilman, Board Member since 2011, representing the Northern District
- Michael Glass, Board Member since 2007, representing the Northern District
- Clemons Kopf, Board Member since 2017, representing the Western District
- David Munk, Board Member since 2010, representing the Southern District
- Adam Palmer, Board Member since 2009, representing the Northern District
Return to News