- Holy Cross provides one complimentary residential energy assessment within a five-year period for the same member at the same location. If a member requests an additional follow-up assessment for the same location within five years, they will be charged $150 for the additional assessment, payable in advance at the time of the energy assessment.
- During a residential energy assessment, members with electric water heaters may have their water heater wrapped by the energy assessor. If the water heater is not easily accessed at the time of the assessment, the energy assessor will leave the blanket for installation by the member. Blankets are provided at no cost to the member.
- The average time for a Holy Cross energy assessor to conduct an energy assessment is ONE hour. It may take more time, depending on the square footage and complexity of systems in the home.
- Energy assessments are best performed with the residents of the home present during the assessment. If the account holder or their appointed representative is not present during the assessment, and the auditor will be entering the home with no one else present, a liability waiver must be signed by the account holder at the time of scheduling.
- To schedule your complimentary residential energy assessment, please contact Holy Cross at 970-947-5507.
- You can also contact an Energy Advisor at 970-947-5473 or online at www.holycross.com/ask-an-energy-advisor to get advice from our energy experts.
Residential - Comprehensive Energy Assessments
Holy Cross is a partner with Energy Smart Colorado, a non-profit entity. This organization offers Holy Cross members comprehensive energy assessments (at a nominal cost) and provides energy advising through its Energy Resource Centers. To schedule a comprehensive assessment with Energy Smart Colorado, visit their website at http://www.energysmartcolorado.com/.
Holy Cross offers complimentary, limited-scope commercial energy assessments to help businesses discover ways to reduce electric usage. The assessment lasts from one to two hours and starts with the assessor reviewing usage history (report provided at time of assessment) to better understand the business’ electrical use. The energy assessor then does a walk-through with facility manager or owner to look for ways to reduce usage. The assessor has a small selection of LEDs that may be sampled during the walk-through. The assessor will advise on potential rebates for energy efficiency projects and can answer questions while the business implements an upgrade. To schedule your complimentary commercial energy assessment, please contact Mary Wiener at email@example.com or 970-947-5432.